At Animal Health V.I.P.S
we specialize in providing holistic diagnostic and therapeutic choices to
equine and companion animal caretakers. We are different from most "holistic" veterinary practices
in that we use an overall holistic philosophy and provide conventional medical advice within the
We have more than two decades of experience integrating holistic therapies in the
treatment and care of performance horses of all disciplines, geriatric animals, animals with
reproductive problems, performance and working dogs including patrol and drug/explosives detection,
wildland/urban SAR, avalanche, agility, flyball, obedience, service and sled/skijorring dogs.
- Advanced Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine including acupuncture and Chinese herbal
medicine: the use of Traditional Chinese medical diagnostic and therapeutic approaches in sports
medicine and in the treatment of arthritis, cancer and chronic diseases such as Cushing's, liver
and kidney failure, diabetes, Wobbler's, degenerative myelopathy and other degenerative illnesses.
- Chiropractic: the use of short lever, high force manipulation to restore motion to
- Tui Na: a Chinese soft tissue technique which is a combination of manipulation,
massage and acupressure.
- Classical Homeopathy: the use of ultra-diluted, potentized remedies from plant,
animal or mineral sources to stimulate the body's innate ability to restore and maintain health.
Homeopathics are extremely effective in treating both acute and chronic injuries and illnesses.
- Nutrition: AHO provides counseling in the use of whole foods and nutritional
supplements in the prevention and treatment of disease.
- Thermal Imaging: use of a state-of-the-art FLIR thermal imaging camera to locate and diagnose
soft tissue temperature imbalances caused by asymmetric movement (in both canine and
equine athletes), inflammation, degeneration and imbalanced shoeing and saddle fit.